Here is a listing of all the major posts related to anchor housing, with updates as needed.
- The CUL Report itself has many, many flaws. Consider its use of the phrase “The Williams House System“. Note its inaccurate description of the end of the affiliation era. Consider its faulty reasoning with regard to student autonomy, the rise of free agency and the decrease in diversity. Beware of what the future holds for co-ops and intramurals.
- We have speculated on the motivation for anchor housing (see also hwc) and provided thoughts on the Record coverage of the debate. We have praised and damned College Council.
- We have considered the implications for JA selection and even run some simulations. Entries are not effected by the current plan, but don’t think that they won’t be in the future.
- We have covered much of the history of housing at Williams from the 80’s through the 2002 CUL, the origin of anchors to recent “reforms”. We highlighted the view from 1998 and gathered some of the history with respect to snow scuplures and trivia.
- We have hosted debates on housing from the reality of the affiliation system to the fundamental assumptions and the Davis Conjecture.
- With Anchors Away, We helped organize a letter (pdf) to the Trustees.
- We have given lots of advice to those involved with the debate on campus. Although EphBlog has been firmly in the anti-anti-free-agency camp, we had these suggestions for the anchorites. But most advice has gone to the forces aligned against anchor housing: Fight the Power I, II, III, IV, and V.