Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:13:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Subject: Paresky Updates 3/15
It’s almost Spring Break! I hope the weather here doesn’t keep you from getting to your (hopefully warmer) destinations!
Just a few things this week:
– Paresky is Closed to the Public during Spring Break. As of tomorrow (Friday, March 16) @ 4:30pm, Paresky is officially closed for Spring Break, until Sunday, April 1 @ 1pm. Contractors will be working throughout the building during the break, and in order to get things done safely and efficiently, please refrain from entering the building. The exceptions to this rule are the staff who work in the building, and those who, for college-related reasons, must seek out a staff member who works in the building. Dining options will become available again on Sunday evening, April 1. (Thank you for your cooperation with this – we really want to get as many finishing touches done during break as we can. Come back on or after April 1 and see the changes!)
– Central Mail Services is moving! When students return from break, the new Jessica H. Park Mailroom will be open, and all student mail will be distributed in Paresky.
– College Council is Available for Students’ Paresky Suggestions. Students, if you have suggestions/ideas for Paresky, College Council has asked that you forward those to Diana Jaffe (08dsj), Jonathan Misk (07jnm), or Christophe Dorsey-Guillaumin (10cad).
– Student Assistants are Hired! On April 2, Julie Van Deusen ’08 (Paresky Student Personnel Manager) and I will begin training our new student assistants, who will then be available to answer questions, assist with A/V issues, check out board games (yes, we’ll have games you can check out!), etc. They will be working from the Information Center, 1st floor near the Park Street entrance (at the roll-up window), Mondays – Thursdays from 4pm – 12midnight, Fridays from 4pm – 1am, Saturdays from 11am – 1am, and Sundays from 11am – 12midnight.
– Thank you for using masking tape only! People have been great about that since my last update. Please continue to use only masking tape (on wood or brick surfaces only) to post fliers & posters, until the new bulletin boards are installed.
– A beverage machine is now available in Luetkemeyer Lounge!
That’s it for today, and the Paresky Updates are now on hiatus until 4/5. Have a GREAT SPRING BREAK!
Douglas J.B. Schiazza
Director of Campus Life, Williams College
The Paresky Center, Suite 219
PO Box 455
Williamstown, MA 01267
413.597.4748 – fax