Wed 13 May 2015
The hockey rink was vandalized this week-end.
1) The most (in)famous graffiti vandalism of the last few decades was one some Tufts students spray painted J-U-M-B-O-S on the columns of Chapin Hall. If memory serves, they were caught — and forced to pay for the clean up — when the authorities figured out where they had bought the paint (with a credit card!) on their trip to Williams. Does anyone remember the details? Lesson for our current artists: Lose the paint now!
2) The graffiti has led to some discussion on Yik Yak. Example:
3) What happened at Schow?
4) Some Yakkers are suggesting that this was directed at the hockey team. I doubt it. Very few of the people who care enough about Freddie Gray to vandalize in his time would ever bother with hockey, or with Williams athletics in general. They needed a big wall in an out-of-the-way (no cameras?) location.
5) Some Yakkers are complaining that the College ought to send out an all-campus e-mail. I disagree. If you want less vandalism, pay less attention to what the vandals write.
6) By the way, is the word “vandalism” racist? The Vandals were my peeps!
7) I doubt this controversy will last long enough to deserve an official nickname/category but, if it did, what would readers suggest?
8) Could someone more versed in leftist lingo explain the intended meaning?
9) I doubt this was either a Williams activist or, even less likely, someone trying to make Williams activists look bad. More likely is a local teenager. Is Buxton still a school for rich but troubled teenagers kicked out of places like Milton? Look there first.
|« First Lady’s Message to the Art Mafia||Morty on Campus Unrest II »|
One Response to “Hockey Rink Vandalism”
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post
If a comment you submitted does not show up, please email us at eph at ephblog dot com. Please note that commenters are required to use a valid email address when submitting comments.