Thu 1 Dec 2016
Registered Democrat and son-of-a-union-steel-worker Professor Robert Jackall voted for Donald Trump. He writes:
The issues to me are quite clear:
1.our over-regulated economy
2. our destructive trade deals
3. our ‘deal’ with Iran’
4. Obama’s dereliction of duty in opening our borders to all comers. The principal loser of his actions is precisely black Americans, though they don’t recognize the destructive consequences of his immigration policies because of their racial loyalty to him.
5. The necessity for tax cuts instead of increases.
6. the necessity for a massive de-regulation to eliminate the growth-crushing burden created by Obama’s regulations
7. the necessity to rein in presidential executive orders, which pervert the constitution.
8. the necessity to come to grips with the national debt, increased by 100 percent under Obama. This issue alone will destroy us if we leave it unaddressed.
First, political diversity among the faculty is important, so it is nice that there is at least one Trump voter among the 300+ professors at Williams. Are there any others?
Second, the Williams Forum is a new student organization, similar to the old Williams College Debate Union. It ought to host a collection of debates about Trump with a variety of liberal faculty members arguing against Jackall.
Third, which of the above arguments do our readers find most/least compelling?
|« Should EphBlog Remove the Accuser’s Name?||Genius of Winding Paths »|
9 Responses to “Jackall Votes Trump”
Leave a Reply
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post
If a comment you submitted does not show up, please email us at eph at ephblog dot com. Please note that commenters are required to use a valid email address when submitting comments.