Schapiro Hall at 9:00 AM today.
There is a report of a similar sign on Spring Street. Comments:
1) Can you imagine the convulsions that Williams would undergo if the sign said “How do you tell the truth to a crowd of black people?”
2) Do we need to separate out these two controversies? The debate about McPartland’s actions, and the responses thereto, are important enough to justify a new category. What name shall we use? I like “White Male Vigilantes.” Reader comments welcome.
3) How should I interpret the image at the bottom? Where does it come from?
4) Who is paying for these displays? A big poster board like that is not free, nor, I suspect, is it sold on Spring Street . . .
5) Thanks to our readers for these great photos!