Got opinions on the new EphBlog format? Let us know in the comments.
1) Basic motivation is that half our readers come to us on mobile phones and the previous format — now more than a decade old — was ill-suited for such viewing. (I had to turn my phone sideways and, with my fingers, expand out the center column. I assume others had similar problems. If not, tell us!)
2) Main thing is to remove all clutter and allow scarce screen space to be filled with text from the most recent posts. This means one column.
3) We are using Twenty Nineteen, a widely used WordPress theme.
4) We hope to fix two things quickly: a) place our traditional cover photo at the top of the page and b) provide a box or menu of some kind on the upper right which would show, perhaps after a click, the most recent comments. For now, you can see all Recent Comments (and other material like Related Posts) by clicking on a post and scrolling to the bottom of it.
5) Suggestions are welcome, both general and technical.